Because there are nine days left until the craziness of November begins, I have decided to make a list of reasons why you shouldn’t participate in NaNoWriMo! (Maybe I can use reverse psychology to convince you t0 do it anyway.)
1. You don’t have enough time. Trust me, it eats away at your mind constantly, and you don’t want to have to deal with that do you? Use your precious time for more important things.
2. You have a life. NaNoWriMo will ruin that life. For the month of November, you will become a hermit.
3. You have friends. They will hate you because you won’t spend enough time hanging out with them–you’ll be hanging out with your muse instead.
4. You have family. See Reason #3.
5. Your brain will fry at some point over the course of the month, possibly more than once, and the damage is often irreparable.
6. You will feel self-conscious when the other 200,000 NaNoWriMo participants have synopses, titles, and cover art that are wayyyy better than yours.
8. Your mind and hands will become so tired from thinking and typing that you will end up doing stupid things like skipping Reason #7.
9. Your novel will be garbage. Why bother wasting a month writing something that you’ll be embarrassed to show anyone?
So there are your reasons. Now go out and prove me wrong.