I posted this on my facebook, too, so you may have already read it…But I wanted to post it on here for those of you who aren’t on facebook. This is a collection of interesting things I discovered on my trip.
1. There is no such thing as a “no passing” zone.
2. It IS possible to buy a pair of good shoes for $15.
3. People love to wave at Americans.
4. Chicken feet are gross.
5. “Seamless Connections” do not exist.
6. “horse” and “mother” are spelled the same…be careful!
7. People who choose their own names always do a really good job!
8. There are zero obese people in this country.
9. Slurping noodles is okay.
10. Old dim sum is gross–it has to be fresh.
11. The double yellow line in the middle of the road is just a suggestion.
12. White people are celebrities.
13. Every female wears heels–no matter what.
14. Everyone has hairy armpits.
15. No one has hairy legs.
16. Ping pong is always a crowd pleaser.
17. You don’t need a license to drive a motorcycle.
18. Right of way is determined by size of vehicle.
19. Never take an American toilet for granted.
20. “Necessary papers” have nothing to do with your passport.
21. Christmas carols aren’t just for December.
22. Pride will have a fall.
23. Mannequins need not be fully clothed.
24. Fluffy hair is all the rage.
25. Everything is better when eaten with chopsticks.
26. Chinese people are ADORABLE.
27. No gains, no pains.
28. Air conditioning = small fan tied to the ceiling.
29. No one looks their age.
30. Food with a face isn’t that bad.
31. Showering with one’s mouth closed is easier said than done.
32. They have bidets in public bathrooms?
33. A lovely flower bloomed the bee and I happy.
34. Diapers are overrated.
35. This country is very far away from Ruckersville.
36. They love for Americans to teach them songs.
37. “Charming” doesn’t even begin to describe this place!
38. Chrysanthemum tea is a must-have for every meal.
39. Nobody cooks eggplant like the Chinese.
40. The Great Firewall can be quite frustrating.
41. “Rainy Season” means it sprinkles for a few minutes every few days.
42. Everyone looks classy, even after a hike in the heat of summer.
43. Most Chinese people are smaller than me in both height and width.
44. Karaoke isn’t really that bad. On second thought, yes it is.
45. Chinese are some of the friendliest people you’ll meet.
46. God is big.
47. The service desk will gladly give you a 2 A.M. wake-up call.
48. Chinese people are gorgeous.
49. Chinese cartoons are hilarious, even if you don’t know what they’re saying.
50. I love this place, and God does too!
And some extras that my friends reminded me of:
#51. BAY NO. #52. Please donotlitter.
So that’s East Asia for you! My second favorite place on earth (: